Northern Costume Hire was founded in 1984 by Carol Squire in a small shop in Skipton, North Yorkshire. Like Topsy, it grew and larger premises were obtained first in Swadford Street and then in Raikes Road, the Company eventually becoming one of the largest Theatrical Costumiers outside London. During this time, Carol was joined by Margaret Greenwood, a business partnership that continues to the present day.
Our home is now on the North Yorkshire/Lancashire border in Barnoldswick, 7 miles from Skipton and 6 miles from Colne, which is at the end of the M65, providing easy access to the motorway network.
Situated in an old mill on a small business estate opposite the well known bed manufacturer Silentnight, we have an enormous warehouse housing approximately 20,000 – 25,000 costumes and accessories. Our highly professional members of staff are always ready to help ensure your show/event is costumed to the highest standard.
As a company, we specialise in providing costumes for Amateur Theatre, Schools, Colleges and Youth Groups together with high quality individual hire for fancy dress. We have worked with the BBC and ITV providing costumes for the Coronation Street pantomime and fancy dress for the clientele in the Woolpack in Emmerdale.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Over 20,000 costumes and accessories
- Full and Part show sets for Musicals, Opera, G&S, Pantomime and Plays
- Costume package prices for Secondary Schools
- Curriculum based period costumes for Primary and Secondary Schools
- Original and reproduction period costume
- Costumes for Corporate events, Murder Mysteries and Themed parties
- Extensive range of quality fancy dress costumes for all occasions
- Accessories, Wigs and Makeup for sale
- Large range of vintage clothing and accessories for hire and for sale
- Free on-site parking for collection of costumes should you wish to do so
- Carrier service to the U.K. Ireland, Europe and beyond
- Free delivery on orders over 120 costumes